JMS Stylet-Oil - Safe and Effective Pest Treatment
JMS Stylet-Oil is a highly refined, superior technical grade White Mineral Oil that has provided growers with a solution for crop diseases and insect control for more than four decades. Stylet-Oil has proven pesticide efficacy to improve various crop yields with minimal risk of phytotoxicity (plant injury) and offers growers a diverse range of benefits for both At-Home Gardening and Commercial Application including:
- Powdery Mildew eradication, protection and anti-sporulation.
- Insecticide for harmful Mites, Scale, Aphids, Leafhoppers, Psylla, Whiteflies, Mealybugs and other insects.
- Prevention of insect feeding and laying eggs on the host plant without harming beneficial insects such as ladybugs and minute pirate bug.
- Fungicide application including Rust, Botrytis Bunch Rot, Noble Rot, and Black Spot.
- Prevention of vectors from transmitting virus to the host plant.
- Environmentally safe, “Food Grade Quality” mineral oil which is colorless, tasteless and odorless with no effect on flavor, taste or quality.
Growers throughout the world safely apply Stylet-Oil and successfully control a number of divergent pests including certain fungal diseases, insects, plant feeding mites and aphid-borne plant viruses. Stylet-Oil is sprayed extensively on grapes, tree fruits, citrus, vegetables, berries, vines and ornamentals including:
- Apples, Cherries, Peaches, Pears, Nuts
- Potato, Tomato, Cucurbits, Melons, Okra, Pepper, Pumpkin, Squash
- Grapes, Blueberries, Bushberries, Cranberries, Strawberries, Hops
- Chrysanthemum, Diffenbachia, Philodendron, Poinsettia, Roses, Dahlias
Also Available in 15 Gallon, 30 Gallon and 275 Gallon Tote Sizes - Please Contact Us For Pricing.
What makes Stylet-Oil the superior pest-control product?
The base oil used to formulate JMS Stylet-Oil, Organic JMS Stylet-Oil and JMS Stylet-Oil for Grass Seed Use is defined in the industry as a Technical Grade White Mineral Oil (or white oil). The decision to provide growers with a technical grade white oil for disease and insect control was made more than two decades ago by JMS Flower Farms, Inc. Providing growers with a highly refined, superior technical grade white oil has a number of advantages over non-white horticultural oils. The purity (or Unsulfonated Residue) of the base oil used in Stylet-Oil is 99.1%; the purity of non-white horticultural oils is typically 92%. This difference in purity can have significant consequences: There is more active ingredient (ai) in white oils than in typical non-white horticultural oils;
- White oils do not contain aromatic hydrocarbons, thus, these compounds are not freely evaporating into the atmosphere from spray applications. Typical 92% UR horticultural base oils can contain as much as 8% aromatic hydrocarbons — all of which evaporate into the atmosphere as air pollutants;
- Included in these aromatic compounds are suspected Carcinogenic compounds such as benzene, toluene and xylene. After refining, these compounds are not effectively removed from 92% UR oils, but they are removed using the advanced refining processes to manufacture white oil;
- Potential for phytotoxicity (plant injury) is minimized when using white oils due to the removal of impurities, including aromatic compounds.